1. What is special about WWW 2023?
World Wellness Weekend is a pro-bono event launched in 2017 to support the UNITED NATIONS’ third objective “Good Health & Wellbeing for All”, this year, it is celebrated across the USA, coast to coast, and in 148 countries by over 6,000 venues.
2. Any highlights you can share about your program in the US?
The USA is the leading and most innovative country for wellness and some TOP brands and ICONIC venues are organizing fun and free group activities from Friday 15 until Sunday 17 September.
Wellness starts with WE, not ME so we encourage people to organize “WE-time”, not just “me-time” to discover new activities across the street if they want to enjoy a Staycation in their city, to drive for a Wellness Getaway, or plan a Wellness weekend in a nearby city or state!
Here is the Wellness Map of the USA with 81 venues participating.
* Canyon Ranch for Indoor Cycling, Rockwall Climb and Bootcamp
* AIRE Ancient Baths for unique ancient bath experiences (NYC & Chicago)
* Brick Bodies for dynamic Group Exercises
* Hot Springs with sound healing experiences
* Chuan Spas for multiple Yoga Sessions of different styles
* Between LA and San Diego at Glen Ivy Hot Springs for unique water experiences
* Pasadena at The Langham Huntington Hotel for unique spa experiences
*Woodside for a unique meditation session and nature experiences at Canyon Ranch
3. How many states are participating this year and how much engagement and anticipation have you seen so far ahead of the event?
Not only are famous groups participating like all Canyon Ranch properties, but also iconic venues like historic thermal baths at Glen Ivy Hot Springs, urban temple of bathing AIRE Ancient Baths (NYC & Chicago), but also the city of Mineral Wells in Texas is ALL IN to promote Wellness for locals and visitors!
4. From what age can someone participate? are there activities for all age groups?
The UNITED NATIONS of “Good health & Wellbeing for all” is very inclusive! Activities are family-friendly, friends & colleagues are welcome to discover new fun activities. To be on the safe side, it is better to check on wellmap.org for locations participating near you and then to reach out to them directly by email or phone to check for availability (some free group activities have limited seating) and for any age requirement.
5. Are there online sessions people can join from the comfort of their own home?
Asolutely! Wellness is TOGETHERNESS, whether in in-person group activities across the country or ONLINE with inspiring and empowering sessions, workshops, tutorials or keynotes.
For instance, do not miss these sessions:
- 2 sessions to work on your abs and to learn about biohacking with acclaimed coach Valérie Orssoni based in San Francisco
- 2 online sessions hosted by Karen Ballou, CEO and Founder of Immunocologie, about “Wellness in Your Daily Life: Living Well”. The webinars aim to provide the tools for participants to live a longer, healthier, and happier life while simultaneously incorporating World Wellness Weekend’s five pillars of wellness. Speakers include: Blue Zone, Delos, Zamuna, Bonnie Baker, Heather Lee, Kimberley Klein, Debra Denyer, Patricia Ladis
- And three free keynotes about Mental Health from Deepak Chopra MD, Tara Brach and Gabor Mate in partnership with the John W. Brick Mental Health Foundation
Here is the full program with 125 hours of free wellness content to enjoy in English, Spanish, French, Portuguese
6. Who can someone best support WWW and spread the word?
We believe in Wellness FOR all and Wellness BY all: each of us can become the best version of ourselves and can become the best influencer for oneself and one’s entourage.
Please remind your family, friends and colleagues during World Wellness Weekend that Wellness is a renewable energy that can light up the world. It is time to renew YOUR energy and light up YOUR world!