We live in times when we are available online rather than in reality. Discord is a platform where millions of people communicate and hang out. Moreover, it’s a home for communities of all types to talk about and share their experiences. With every new update, there are so many new features that are constantly being added on discord to make the user experience smooth.
Keeping in mind the safety and privacy of discord has launched many features. One of them is that once a message is deleted from the platform, there is absolutely no way to recover it. If you still want to know a way how to see deleted messages on discord. This article will surely help you to recover a deleted message on discord.
So, if for any reason you have lost or deleted any message on discord. Using the below-mentioned ways can guide you on how to see deleted messages on discord.
Retrieving the deleted messages from BetterDiscord
BetterDiscord is a popular Discord upgrade application that adds enticing and engaging features to improve the overall look and usefulness of DiscordApp’s user interface and make the overall experience smooth. One of the most important aspects of the system is the ability to retrieve and see deleted or altered conversations.
This application has so much to offer, including a variety of themes, emoticons, controls, and customizable plugins to make Discord even more enjoyable and fun for users. Coming to the main advantage of how to see the deleted messages of discord is by using BetterDiscord.
The first step is to download BetterDiscord:
- Download BetterDiscord on your phone or laptop by going to their website.
- Allow the license to be granted. Install, Repair, and Remove options are available.
- Tap the “Install BetterDiscord” icon. There are three Discord versions available: Discord, Discord PTB, and Discord Canary.
- Choose your most recent Discord version. Alternatively, simply tap on Discord.
- Click the “Install” button. With BetterDiscord installed, Discord should relaunch.
After downloading the BetterDiscord, you need to install MessageLoggerV2. However, you can download MessageLoggerV2 from their website. This way, you can take advantage of BetterDiscord and view the deleted message on Discord.
- Just download the MessageLoggerV2 and save the file to your desired location.
- Add MessageLoggerV2 to the plugin to see the deleted message on Discord.
- Open Discord on your phone or computer and select “User Settings.”
- Now go to the BetterDiscord header and select plugins.
- Once the plugin library is opened now, go to the location where you have installed the MessageLoggerV2.
- Now hold and drag MessageLoggerV2 on the plugin library. Now, MessageLoggerV2 will be successfully added to BetterDiscord.
After adding the plugin, you can now enable XenoLib and ZeresPluginLibrary. After following all the instructions, you can now see your deleted messages on discord by following these steps:
- Select the server you want to check from your server list in your Discord app.
- Right-click on the server and choose Settings. There is a pop-up navigation window where you can select Message Logger.
- Open Logs can be accessed via the log window. “Deleted,” “Edited,” “Purged,” and “Ghost Pings” are the four tabs.
- Tap on the “Deleted Tab” to view Deleted Messages.
Seeing the deleted messages on Discord using Logger Bot
Logger Bot is a Discord chat logging Bot. This allows server owners to take advantage of many benefits that the app doesn’t allow. This is a server that users can quickly access. However, this app has a lot of features, including seeing the deleted messages from the conversation on Discord.
Moreover, users can also see who invited them and set unique embed colors. And that’s not all it comes with so many more features, some of them being fewer limitations and restrictions. So coming to the point, the main benefit of Logger Bot to that it allows you to view deleted messages from discord, and here’s how you can do it:
- Visit the Logger Bot’s official website. After that, on the top of the display, press the Invite button.
- To add Logger Bot to your server, follow these steps. Log in, and then, on the left, choose the Server Selector option.
- Select the server to which you have added the bot. Set the log channel for “message Delete” and “messageDeleteBulk.”
- When you’ve finished configuring everything, click on Save. Now select the “message deleted” and “messageDeleteBulk” modules from the Modules section.
Now you will be able to see your deleted message on Discord.
Seeing deleted messages on Discord using Dyno Bot
Dyno Bot is one of the most flexible and popular Discord server administrations. Which provides powerful moderation and functions, including features like timed mutes and anti-spam settings for server users to utilize on their own Discord servers.
Moreover, all these options are extremely useful for managing the administration and upkeep of any server. The best part is that this server allows you to retrieve and view all the deleted messages from your Discord conversations. So here are the steps that you need to follow in order to view your deleted messages on Discord.
- Search for the Dyno Bot on your web browser. Scroll down and click the Login with Discord button.
- Sign in with your Discord credentials. Select the server where you want to utilize the Dyno Bot.
- Now Click “Continue” to give Dyno access to your Discord account. After you’ve granted all rights, pick the setup for your bot and click Next.
- Repeat the above steps for the other two windows to add Dyno Bot to your server.
- Set up a special channel for your deletion records in Discord by clicking the little icon next to Text Channels.
- Now, you will be able to access all the deleted messages and chats from Discord.
How to see the deleted messages on Android?
As we have seen above, you can use various servers to view deleted messages. Similarly, in mobile, there are several third-party applications and Mobile plugins that allow you to see deleted messages. To recover deleted messages via synchronized notifications, just install the APK or use the AirDroid Parental Control program. You need to follow these steps:
- In the User Settings section, click the cog button.
- Click on Chat after selecting Blue Modes.
- On the pop-up, choose Deny and then tap on Anti Message Delete.
- Enable the Block Delete and Log options now. This way, on your Android phone, you will be able to see deleted Discord conversations.
Can a message be reported on Discord?
Like every online platform, there can be some people using abusive language or spamming you. So if you wish to report them, Discord does allow you to do this, but you need to few IDs as proof to report someone on this platform.
Moreover, it is advisable to report their behavior or message as soon as possible and make sure to take screenshots as proof of abuse or misbehavior. As the platform allows everyone to delete the message so you should take a screenshot as soon as someone sends you an abusive message. This is the way you can save the evidence of the misbehaving and abuse.
Report to the team
After taking the screenshot, even after deleting the message, you can still report it to the Discord team. All you need to do is just report the users, and the team will take action immediately. By following these simple steps, you can report any profile:
- Tap on the profile or Avatar of the profile you want to report.
- Scroll down, and you will see the option of “Support” tap on this.
- There, you will find the option to report.
Now the discord team will look into this and will need certain information, such as the ID of the message or the link of the message and the link of the server on which the abuse took place.
Moreover, to speed up the process, you can attach any proof of the abuse, such as screenshots or any other thing. Any relevant image or proof of harassment or abuse can help take action against the other person.
However, after reporting the profile, the Discord team will make sure to ban or mute any communication from that server which will ensure that the user can not contact you again on the application.
The Bottom Line
Discord prioritizes its users’ safety, and it’s hard to recover messages just like Snapchat. I hope now you know how to see deleted messages on Discord. Whatever the reason might be, if you wish to recover your messages now, you can by following the above-mentioned steps. Lastly, I hope you dont misuse these tips in any way.
Leave a Reply